"You'll never get ahead if you don't take care of what you have." - Doris Waddell, RIP

The late Ralph E. Williams with "Heidi" - morris mn

The late Ralph E. Williams with "Heidi" - morris mn
Click on the image to read Williams family reflections w/ emphasis on UMM.

Saturday, September 21, 2024

Tigers defeat DGF in triple-overtime!

A peaceful Saturday morning here on the plains of West Central, a den of Trump support. 
At least the signs got taken down that were out along the highway on north end and the service road. It took a while but they got taken down. 
I imagine that Trump loyalist Michelle Fischbach is a shoe-in for re-election. Because, she's a Republican and she openly embraces the God of these people, Donald Trump. "Pro-life" all the way. Women are dying because they cannot get access to abortion services in certain places. Dying. 
I can point these things out but it does no good our here on the prairie. There are reportedly places where, if you have a Harris/Walz sign in your yard, you could get "reported" and then contacted by law enforcement. I don't think we're in position for that yet. 
An old high school friend visited me Saturday and we drove around Morris: I was heartened to see quite a few Harris/Walz signs. I think it would be futile for law enforcement to go after all these people, but you never know. Most of our county churches are filled with Trump/Fischbach supporters. 
Football: hugely exciting win! Last night (Friday) saw quite the excitement at our Big Cat Stadium. Happy to say I was there for a portion. I was able to get inside the grandstand area in time to get a burger basket. A decent meal for just eight dollars! That is getting rare: a decent meal for eight bucks. Thanks to whoever the promoters were. 
I just now got back from DeToy's Restaurant, Saturday morning, and man the place was doing land office business. Just as much of a rush as on Sunday afternoon. DeToy's recently printed new menus with (of course) higher prices but it isn't bothering anyone. The restaurant could go ahead and raise prices some more. More inflation is on the way because of actions by the Federal Reserve. 
Our U.S. stock market is built 100 percent on what "the Fed" does. It used to be about productivity and profits. The U.S. economy is now being held up completely by interest rate cuts and money-printing by the Fed. I don't see this as a reliable foundation or formula at all. But if in the time being everyone is happy, well then I must share in the happiness, n'est-ce pas? 
Everyone is excited about the MACA Tigers' triple-overtime win over Dilworth-Glyndon-Felton last night. How about that: a 34-32 final score at big Cat. 
It is 10 a.m. Saturday as I proceed along with the first draft of this post. I cannot find any game details from online sources. There was a time when we could expect Brett Miller at the radio station to give us 6-7 paragraphs about the game, including individual stat leaders, along with a photo. It appears those days are gone. And radio station management isn't beating down doors to replace him with this function. 
I guess we'll always have "DeeDee." She gives us the score. I'd like to see a little more. What do y'all think? 
The Stevens County Times website has been a total non-player with MACA sports coverage for a long time. Why do we the public accept this negligence? And then they add insult to injury by having their "sports" link filled with UMM Cougar stuff. As if that's the only sports we care about. Has about as much logic as supporting Trump/Fischbach so fervently. But that's who we are. 
Be sure to go to church tomorrow and build up your Trump support. My own church is not like that. You are fools. "Nationwide abortion ban." Call the cops on people with "Harris/Walz" signs. Well I guess it's not quite that bad here. Can you believe it's actually worse in other places? 
Detoy's was full of people who unreservedly pay the higher prices. I asked the gentleman next to me along the counter why people are so nonchalant. He said "credit cards." So it's that easy? Just get a piece of plastic and eat to my heart's content? Fascinating. And now interest rates are lower. We must have been fools in this country once when we thought profits and productivity led to stability and prosperity. Now it's the Fed cutting rates and printing money. It's that simple! Who would have thought? 
I'm so old-fashioned I "put my money in the bank." 
I vote for Democrats which I imagine maybe I should not disclose. It's risky.

Volleyball success Tuesday
The Tigers swept the Montevideo Thunder Hawks at Monte on Tuesday. This match inspires my current post on my companion blog "Morris of Course." I'd be real happy if you could check it out. Here's the permalink:
 
Now, let me emphasize that I would much prefer sharing game and match details in posts like this, like I have done so often in the past. In the past I could often get details from the West Central Tribune online and Brett Miller's kmrs pieces. Then I'd proceed to have fun in doing something which was all in my own words, actually with a flair that you wouldn't find on my source sites. My critics would question the latter point. Many of them are probably Trump supporters. 
Republicans today consider women to just be "breeding stock." They are expendable. I suspect Fischbach even knows this, because I do not think she's stupid. But what would be expect her to do? Be pro-choice?
  
- Brian Williams - morris mn minnesota - bwilly73@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment