"You'll never get ahead if you don't take care of what you have." - Doris Waddell, RIP

The late Ralph E. Williams with "Heidi" - morris mn

The late Ralph E. Williams with "Heidi" - morris mn
Click on the image to read Williams family reflections w/ emphasis on UMM.

Sunday, December 25, 2022

My original song for the 2022 holidays

The sun is up for Christmas Day 2022, diminished winds thank the Lord but cold as hell temp, at least so far today. 
I really truly sense a diminished Christmas spirit. "Speak for yourself," you might say. And I am. I try to hang in there. Maybe it's harder in light of how I live alone. 
These days my acknowledgment of Christmas is expressed almost 100 percent with my annual original song. This is my ninth year doing that. Where in heck does the time go? My songs are recorded at a Nashville TN "demo" studio. Wonderful community, Nashville. 
My song this year is about Santa Lucia or "St. Lucy." It's a major observance during Advent. Many of my friends are aware of the song and have listened to it. Thanks. This blog post will hopefully reach out to a few more people. You can listen to my stuff for free! The songs are on YouTube. So I invite you all to take a listen to my 2022 Christmas-themed song, "Ballad of St. Lucy." Here is the link. God bless and Merry Christmas.
 
Don't call me a Scrooge or Grinch because last night at 9 p.m. when weather conditions were hellish, I went to my church for an Eve service. My church had services at 5 and 9. I caught part of the 5 o'clock service on YouTube, so that reminded me I ought to attend the later one. I sit alone obviously.
My parents have gone on to the next life. I am still in this one, the one in which we have Donald Trump in our face from the media every day, as the orange man begins his quest to re-take the presidency. The big question is if he'll have the U.S. evangelical Christian community behind him this time around. Such an exemplary Christian, this man Trump who is a master of "mob boss" tactics. 
All the facts are in front of us now, due to the Jan. 6 committee. Still, we cannot properly resolve or dispense of this man like we ought to. I'd have no problem with him being put away in some incarceration facility somewhere. I wouldn't even mind if it was one of those "country club prisons." He needs the stigma of being put away. 
Still, he would have so many sympathizers across the U.S. Trump support is huge in our Stevens County. We helped elect a new congressperson, Michelle Fischbach, who voted against certifying the 2020 election results. It should be viewed as a scandal. Because it is not viewed as such, we have some real problems within our zeitgeist. We need a full-scale retreat from the pathological traits. 
How do you think Jesus Christ would look upon Donald Trump? Maybe you're one of those who spends more time thinking about Trump than of Christ. My church is of the ELCA which has faced headwinds because it has not joined the Trump train. We are considered "liberal." Not sure how we're going to come out of all this. 
I fear how Christianity will become diminished because of its political element: hard right, perhaps even sympathetic to dictatorial rule. Be careful what you wish for. Beware false prophets. Oh heck, you will not heed that admonition. The Apostolic Christians will not, IMHO. I am prepared to once again see those folks drive around with their Trump flags - not one but two - flapping from in back of their pickups. "Keep America great." Whatever. 
The percentage of "nones" in America - people with no religious affiliation - grows steadily. Stop and wonder why. Should businesses even be closed on Christmas Day? Why? It's a hardship for people who live alone. 
Click on the link below to read the post I wrote yesterday on Christmas Eve Day. This post is on my "Morris of Course" companion blog. Mine may be a voice in the wilderness but I'll share a hearty "Merry Christmas." My critics in this community might say "who gives a s--t?" That's the way a lot of them talk. Let's keep the faith because, after all, the name of this blog is "I Love Morris." Please click:
 
Addendum: My song "Ballad of St. Lucy" was recorded at the Frank Michels studio, Nashville. The singer is the wonderful Debra Gordon. I hope she approves of my material. My songs are put on YouTube by Gulsvig Productions of Starbuck. They live along the mill dam road. If you have media transfer work needing to be done, contact the Gulsvigs.
The wondrous, moving "St. Lucia" observance. This image is from Facebook.
 
- Brian Williams - morris mn minnesota - bwilly73@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment